Thank god my friend and colleague Ramonna let me borrow her Student’s Vegetarian Cookbook. Lately I haven’t been motivated to do anything complicated for dinner. Blame it on a hectic work schedule or a bit of cooking fatigue. But everything in this cookbook is ridiculously easy so I’ve been able to forge ahead with my new meatless lifestyle.
I suggest prepping a big batch of this salad for lunches and dinner. On Monday I served it alongside shrimp with Singapore seasoning from Penzey’s Spices and some corn on the cob. Perfection.
Tabouli Salad Ingredients
- Bulgar wheat (I used the quick cooking variety)
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh or dried mint, about a teaspoon (more/less based on taste)
Cook the Bulgar according to the instructions. I made enough for four servings, about one cup dry. Once all the water has been absorbed transfer to a bowl and stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge. Devour.
What cold summer salads do you love to prepare?