Today is my 30th birthday. I’m actually pretty darn excited about it.
It’s hard to explain, but I’ve been ready personally and professionally for this milestone for quite awhile. Being happy and proud of where I am at probably has a lot to do with “the big 3-0″ not seeming so big. My 20′s were spectacular and it only seems fair to start a new chapter.
Birthdays are a good time to reflect and set goals for the future, no matter how cliche. I view 30 as a time to work on ME more than I ever have before. I’d like to…
- Learn how to step back and see the big picture. A bad day is usually just one glitch in an otherwise wonderful week
- Stress less. My worries are usually so minimal compared to what other people have going on in their lives
- Rekindle old friendships and treat today’s friendships like gold
- Be the best partner I can be to Mike, in our relationship today and in all that it will become as we chase our individual and shared dreams
- Save more and be better at deciphering true needs versus in-the-moment wants
- Treasure as much time as I can with our families, whether we’re lucky enough to do so in-person or through phone calls and good old fashioned letters
- Make time for us. Make time for me. Make time
Oh yeah, I also want to be better about wearing sunscreen and continue to work out at least three days a week, preferably four to five. Today will be spent at work for a very busy day. A quiet dinner with Mike will be the perfect way to round out the evening. For the first time, I honestly feel like I need nothing more on my actual birthday. I guess I really am growing up.