“If I Won the Lotto.”
An odd series theme for today? Maybe, but it’s a fantasy all of us indulge in from time-to-time (admit it!) and a mental “game” I used to play to pass time in LA traffic when I moved back home after college. It’s amazing how fast an hour in standstill traffic can be when you are spending various lump sum payouts of an imaginary lottery winning.
(Disclaimer: I actually never play the lotto unless it’s one of those national rushes for the Power Ball jackpot so my odds are VERY low).
In honor of turning 30, the first 30 things I’d do with my winnings (and I am pretending that I hit it big) are as follows, in no particular order:
- Invest, invest, invest…and listen very closely to a financial advisor to ensure I’m not being stupid with the winnings.
- Pay off my car loan and Mike’s student loans.
- Buy Mike a new car.
- Buy myself a Porsche Cayenne and some sort of convertible, probably a Jaguar. I’m from LA and I will fully admit that I love nice cars. Don’t judge.
- Buy a new house. Yes, I love our new home but if I hit a $400 million dollar jackpot we’re upgrading. Neighborhood is TBD, but I’d want to look in the foothills and definitely Boulder.
- Become a member of Exclusive Resorts.
- Buy a huge house for all of our family members to enjoy in Vail.
- Purchase plane tickets for out-of-state family to come play at the new Vail house (see #7).
- Hop on a jet plane to the beaches of Fiji or Bora Bora. While sunning myself on the beach, plan future travels.
- Give back to tons of non-profit organizations, including SafeHouse Denver, LiveWell Colorado, Tennyson Center, Colfax Community Network, the ALS Association and the American Lung Association among many others.
- Hire a hair stylist to be at the ready whenever I want my hair to be blown out straight.
- Hire a fashion stylist/guru and go to New York City for a closet makeover.
- While in New York City (see #12) attend all major Broadway shows, eat at Daniel and spend a weekend in the Hamptons.
- Set aside college tuition for all five of our nieces and nephews.
- Take entire family (both sides) to Disney World for complete and total Orlando experience. Buy nieces and nephews tons of Disney toys and whatever else their hearts desire.
- Help family members in the best way possible for each person — investments, paying off debts, helping pad retirement funds, etc.
- Go on a volunteer mission to somewhere in Africa or India.
- Buy floor seats to a Lakers game for all LA family members (including myself and Mike, if he promises not to root against the Lakers).
- Hire a private ski instructor for weekly lessons.
- Become a season ticket holder for the Denver Center of Performing Arts.
- Hire a private chef. Utilize this chef to help me host fabulous dinner parties at our new house.
- Buy something from Cartier, just because.
- Attend all Wanderlust Festivals.
- Send Mike on a heli-skiing/snowboarding adventure of his choice with all of his snowboarding buddies.
- Adopt another dog.
- Book Funkiphino (our wedding band) and pay for all of our family and friends to come back to the St. Julien for another amazing party.
- Throw fabulous 25th and 50th wedding anniversary parties for our respective parents – the sky is the limit!
- Attend Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week (I’m hopeful that I could buy a ticket?).
- Buy Jimmy Choo pumps.
- Attend the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.
So, did I blow my $400 million with that list? A question my pops can surely answer!
Do you play the “if I won the lotto game?” If yes, what’s on your list?!