Pear, goat cheese and pistachios on a pizza? Yeah, I was skeptical too. But it was a featured recipe on Door to Door Organics when I was substituting a few items slated for delivery this week and given my travel schedule, and the fact that I could buy everything for delivery to my front door, I decided to give it a try.
Holy crap! Or in the words of always quiet Mike, “wow, this is delicious!”
I skipped the red onion because, well, we didn’t have any. I bet onions, especially slightly caramelized, would be wonderful. I would also advise not adding any extra salt because you get plenty from the pistachios and goat cheese. Learnings for next time.
Pear, Goat Cheese & Pistachio Pizza (via Door to Door Organics)
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1 pizza crust
- ½ cups pistachios, crushed
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs oregano
- ½ cups sliced red onion
- ¼ cups olive oil
- ½ tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Roll out pizza dough into a circle and spread olive oil over the surface.
- Season the dough with the oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Layer the red onion, pistachios and goat cheese evenly across the surface.
- Next, layer the pear slices in a clockwise motion until pizza is covered.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top and bake at 425F until crisp (about 10-15 minutes)
Voila. Slice and enjoy with a big side salad and a crisp glass of white wine. We sure did!
P.S. I used a store bought whole wheat crust to save even more time. So helpful when I don’t get home until 7 p.m. from the gym.