Disclaimer: I wrote this post before Thanksgiving and forgot to schedule it! Can you say absentminded much? Enjoy, and please forgive my tardiness.
I’m sure this is only the one gazillionth “thankful” posts you have read this Thanksgiving week. But I, like everyone else, fail to step back regularly and look at the big picture. Sure there are stressful weeks at work and yes, a larger savings account would always be nice…but sadly, we routinely miss what really matters amidst the hustle and bustle of our 27/7 lives.
For whatever reason, this Thanksgiving I am feeling more in-tune with my blessings than ever before.
- I am thankful for my husband, who accepts me each and every day for who I am. I am grateful that every year of our relationship (nearing 10 years together!) just keeps getting better and better.
- I am thankful for our families – parents, siblings, aunts, uncles…everyone. Everyone cares deeply about one another and teaches Mike and me so much about life, marriage, etc.
- I am thankful for my other family, my family at GroundFloor Media. I am surrounded by hilarious, passionate and genuinely kind people who help me grow every day.
- I am thankful for my friends, far and wide. These women know me better than anyone and I know they will be there for me through anything. Years of laughter, trouble-making and downright craziness have bonded us and I wouldn’t be the same without them. You know who you are ~ thank you for being such incredibly important people in my life.
- I am thankful for the roof over our head – our roof. We have been homeowners for almost a year and it has been an adventure in patience, compromise and love. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
- I am thankful for our crazy pup Kona. Who knew we could love a furry creature this much?! He is spoiled rotten and stole my heart the day I saw him at the adoption event.
Life has its ups and downs, but wherever you find yourself today, I hope you have love and peace in your heart. Life is so precious. Be thankful. Don’t miss a moment.