Rylan loves books. LO.V.E.S. them. I feel really lucky that “read a book mama” is a natural part of our day. The back of our cars are filled with daily picks for the drive to daycare and books make getting dressed in the morning or ready for bed at night much more manageable.
So, what are we obsessed with these days? Well, no matter how much I beg or try to bargain, Ry picks from the same rotation of books over and over again. I assume this is normal? As of now, we can pretty much recite the following with our eyes closed…in our sleep.
- Where The Wild Things Are – a classic. We love to dance to the “rumpus” with Max and the
- Flashlight – a beautifully and uniquely illustrated book with no words, which allows us to use our imaginations and re-explore the story over and over
- Builder Bugs – a really neat pop up book from our friends whose little guys love it too
- Goodnight Moon – a staple in Ry’s crib for his own reading time
- Yummy, Yucky – this taught him that mommy’s coffee is “yucky”
- It’s Hard to Hurry When You’re a Snail – a cute story about a little snail that also happens to be religious at the very end and tie into Noah’s Ark
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb – a short Dr. Seuss classic that makes the bedtime routine go super fast. On the contrary, there is always a bit of a sigh from mom and dad when he requests the full length Oh The Places You’ll Go before bed
- Corduroy – another super sweet classic. I love when he chooses this one
Books are one of my favorite gifts to give and receive. What are favorites in your family library?