Thank goodness toddlers are cute. Between the pulling-out-my-hair moments and legit time-outs I have to give myself to avoid going off the rails, Rylan opens his mouth and precious Rylanisms come out to make us keel over in laughter.
Spend enough time with Rylan these days and you might just hear…
- “I need a tow truck for my nose.”
- “I have a booger.”
- “I not know.”
- “How many minutes? Two minutes. Five minutes. Ok one minute.”
- “I’m amazing.”
- “Havin’ beers?”
- “Coffee is yucky.”
- “I need a ladder.”
- “I have french fries and ice ceeeeeeem?”
- “Yummy in my tummy tummy yummy.”
- “The sun is taking a nap.”
- “I have a poop.”
- “Go Ralphie CU Broncos.”
- “Green light WOO HOO!”
- “Is that from your butt?” (Gross, boy humor already starting)
In the last 24 hours alone there have also been some sweet moments. So very sweet. Last night he asked me to sing him the “sunshine song” before putting him in his crib. And this morning when I woke up feeling like hell from round I cold & flu season hit, he patted my leg and bed and said “I wanna cuddle you mommy.”
Right when you aren’t sure you can make it through a toddler’s day, they flip it on you and you’re not sure how you’ll ever be able to be away from them.
Darn you crazy toddlers!