Whew! Posting daily has been a fun challenge since the big 3-0 birthday last month. I am so appreciative of Lindsay for inspiring me to do this series and most importantly, make it my own. I have a lot of goals for the next decade but today, I want to focus on Promises to my 30-Year Old Self.
I promise to…
- Take good care of myself physically and emotionally, even when life’s responsibilities make finding “me” time seem impossible
- Be a strong, fair and loving partner and friend to Mike, my amazing husband
- Enjoy every moment of aunt-hood and work harder to be a bigger part of Jackson & Olivia’s adventures despite being far away
- Learn to recognize my personal and professional stress triggers and work on ways to deal with them proactively
- Be the best mother I can be when the time comes to expand our family (and no, we’re not expecting. Sorry all!)
- Become more responsible financially, increase what I save monthly and take a stronger interest in our long-term financial future
- Read more books
- Find more time to volunteer and give back to causes we’re passionate about
- Always find a way to travel – near or far
- Nurture friendships, new and old, because friends are one of life’s biggest blessings and I certainly take them for granted from time to time
- Keep my grandma’s voice and kind spirit alive in my heart and the heart of our family
- Reconnect with my spirituality, even if it looks different from how I was raised
- Be happy with what I have, because we have a lot
- Worry less about what others think of me, especially with regard to big decisions in life. As long as Mike and I are happy, that’s all that matters
- Trust my gut
I know, without a doubt, my 30′s are going to be the best years yet. Yes, we will be challenged and will surely encounter many lows with the (hopefully) countless highs. That’s just life, and I look forward to embracing the roller coaster and growing every day.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my First 30 Days of 30 series!